Read, “Nothing to Envy- Ordinary Lives in North Korea” by Barbara Demick
Did you Know?
1. There exists a county where till date we do not have Internet/Telephone Connections
2. There exists a country where if people get to eat for about one time a day, it is taken as a lucky day
3. There exists a country where you can be arrested if you are doing a private business, as simple as selling vegetables!
4. There exists a country where its president is forced to be revered by its citizens as Son of God
5. There exists a country where govt decides what its citizens would wear, what would they eat, what would they do in life and what would they read
6. There exists a country where even watching television is a luxury and if caught watching channels from outside country can get you arrested and killed
Yes, All that I wrote above and more, is true for a tiny hermit kingdom of North Korea, An excellent book for all those who are interested to know more about this country. The writer has centered this book on 6 real lives of people from North Koreans, where they give an astonishing account on how it is to be a citizen of this country and how the citizens are brain washed day in and day out to live under the blessings of revered leader.
A Must read for all those interested International politics, psychology and Non-fiction.