I got an opportunity to visit Nigeria lately, following are the five things I learnt about the country and its people;
1. Nigerians love and respect Indians. Perhaps this was one of the few countries I have visited where people actually look up to Indians and welcome them with open arms.
2. Really nice and down to earth people. Now, I know, we get to hear lot of stuff about Nigerians for all the wrong reasons but trust me once you meet them you will have a change of opinion, they are really good people with a heart of gold. Always ready to help and a smile on their face.
3. If you are a vegetarian, you will face a issue and will have to survive on noodles. The only option in food generally available are Chicken or Beef.
4. They value education-Just like Indian parents, Nigerians too have started to realise value of education and are ready to do anything for their child to be given a good education.
5. You will have a tough time finding fresh flowers in Nigeria. We tried it but just could not find one.
Thank you Nigeria for the amazing hospitality and memories.